Thursday, January 28, 2010
Sunday, January 24, 2010
- (Sorry, I must brag here....) I was told by his teacher at Mothers Day Out this week that he is very smart for his age and always knows answers to questions at group time. So much so that they have to tell him to let other kids have a turn because he is always quick to yell out an answer! Ha!!
- Maddox's moble progression has gone from rolling over, to crawling, to walking, to running, to scooter riding. Seriously. He rides his scooter through the house to get where he needs to go. Even if it is only 3 steps away. He gets on his scooter and pushes hisself where he needs to go! Santa did good on that gift!
- Maddox already watches out for his little bro. The other day another little boy was dangling toys in front of Cruz's face trying to play with him. For whatever reason, Maddox did NOT like that and promptly yelled at the little kid "HEY!! YOU HAVE TO BE NICE TO MY BROTHER!!!!!".
- Maddox is not at all interested in potty training. In fact, he will tell you...he prefers a diaper!! What am I going to do!?
- And, he still sucks a "taci". Thats our word for pacifier. Nothing I say can convince him to give it up! I'll try "maddox, big boys don't suck on a taci...", to which maddox replies, "I not a big boy, I just a lil boy". I've even tried to bribe him by doing his favorite thing...going to Target and getting to pick out any toy he wants. He MUST love a taci to pass that up!
- Hims is still little! (I say "hims" when I'm talking about my lil guy...don't ask me why). At one year he only weighs 19 pounds!!!!! Hims is my little runt!
- Cruz is a walker....no more crawling...at all!!! Watch out Maddox!!!
- Hims still gets really upset when I have to leave him. As soon as we walk into church, mothers day out, or the gym, he immediatly looses it. Breaks my heart. But kinda makes me feel good...like he REALLY loves me;).
- The boy loves to go outside. I can't wait until Spring!! He really loves to be pushed around in this car:
THE BROTHERS TOGETHER:
- They are playing together more and more. It is so cute to watch them. But you can't take your eyes off of them...or else someone is throwing something and someone elses head.
- Maddox wants to play "tackle" so bad with Cruz. It is so scary. I constantly have to remind Madd that Cruz is still just a lil guy, and you can't tackle him...yet.
- Nothing melts my heart more than when they "love" on each other. So sweet.
- And now that we have a 2 year old and a 1 year old, we decided it was time to put all those "baby" toys up in the attic. Here's just a small portion of what we had to put away. Of course when the boys realized what we were doing they were suddenly very interested in playing with it all again....
- AKA, the red headed step child, AKA, my dog. You will rarely hear me talk about this member of the house. Although, long before children, my pug/boston terrier mix dog WAS my baby!
- What does Nash like to do? Poop on my deck. Chew up my kids toys. Throw up on my seat cushions. Squeeze through my fence and run away.
- What does he think about the kids? Nothing. No interest. UNLESS they have food. Oh....and he likes to howl when they cry or laugh.
- But just so I'm not totally leaving him out...here are a few pics....
I used to be so obsessed with my dog I dressed him up. Here he is about 4 Christmas's ago:
And I used to pose for pics with him too. Look at how much we loved him. Kind of sad things changed. I need to go watch Marley & Me...that always makes me appreciate him more....
- David is working hard as usual. Squeezing in playing golf with his new clubs whenever possible.
- Still hunting. Brought home 2 ducks last weekend. Gross. Gutted them and cut them up in my house.
- Davids company has rewarded him with a trip next month. We are going to Playa Del Carmen. Yay!
So there is a quick catch up on my boys. I'm sure I'm forgetting some good stuff....maybe I'll update more as it comes to me!!....
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
We decided to do a Christmas Brunch. The party was at 10 and I made LOTS of food for everyone! And we had a fabulous cake from Shelby Lynn's that matched our invitations perfectly! We had friends, family, and lots of babies over to help celebrate!
Thanks to everyone who came!I can say I have NEVER seen a 1 year old enjoy a party more than Cruz. He loved being passed around....he loved eating cake....and he LOVED opening the gifts. He was so stinkin cute! MAN, I love that child!!!!!
Tara, over at Jimmy Choos and Tennis Shoes, took all of my pictures for me! She did a great job. I actually got to enjoy the party and not stress about capturing each moment! Thanks again, girl!!!
Thursday, January 14, 2010
- Lil Cruz is s-i-c-k. He has a double ear infection, high fever, pink eye in both eyes...and cold sypmtoms to go along with all that. Not fun around here:(. But Momma is giving him lost of TLC (tender loving care)
- Did I mention on here I found a new love in my life? I have....its really special, its like nothing else, it entertains, it hasn't failed me, it really just seems perfect. Its my new iPhone. Seriously, I.LOVE.IT. David must have picked up on the thousands of hints I gave and got me one for Christmas....and life hasn't been the same since:)!!
- Speaking of iPhone, my new obsession app is the "Words With Friends". Anyone who has an iphone can link up and play scrabble throughout the day. Obsessed. Love it. I have several games going with my friends and can't seem to stop!
- New Year, new diet...and guess what is helping me stay on track...my IPHONE! I got the "My Fitness Pal" app that helps me keep track of calories I eat a day, calories burned, and wieght lost. It is wonderful. If you don't have an iPhone, they have an online site as well.
- Guess who is getting really sneaky in this house...MADDOX!!!! He is really trying to get away with things and thinks I have no clue what he is doing. Its hard not to laugh most times. His face always gives it away. I can immediatly tell when he is up to no good. And trust me, he is up to no good most of the day! Sneaky lil thing!!
- I have a confession: I watch "Jersey Shore". I do. I'm not proud of it, but I can't stop watching the totally rediculous behaviors of the guidos and guidettes on the show.....(that's what they call themselves!)
- David is going duck hunting this weekend. I still can't believe my hubby has turned into a hunter. Ugh. Never thought I would see the day. We still have a freezer FULL of deer meat that I have no clue what to do with!!
- Our church is having a 21 Days of Fasting going on right now. Some people fast from food, others have picked to fast from something else....I chose Facebook! I had been so addicted, I decided to give it up for 21 days. It really hasn't been too bad, but I do think several times a day "I'm going to put _________ as my status"....then I remember I can't! Sad that I think like that! (And if you are reading this on Facebook, its not because I have been on, its because my blog automatically links to it)...:)
- Back to the iPhone...another reason I love it is because my 2 year old will sit and play games on it when I need some time to get things done. He totally knows how to open apps, close them, flip through them...he is becoming a pro.
- We are going to Mexico next month, and I must admit..I am kind of scared. I have been there many times before, but all you hear now is about these crazy drug gangs taking over! I'm a lil nervous!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone....off to mess around on my wonderful new phone:)...gotta love it!
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
It is so cute to watch him. He walks like he has been riding a horse all day. Those little legs are kind of bowed and he takes these really big steps. You can't get the full effect in the below video...but here is a clip of the little guy in action........(oh, and notice how I ask Cruz to walk to me, but Maddox just has to show off...ha!!!)
And side note, my lil Cruz is sick too. He is running about 101.1 fever today;(. Pray he gets well soon...its been so long since I've had a sick kiddo!
Thursday, January 7, 2010