Friday, July 18, 2008

Enjoying the Summer

Just thought I would post a little update on Maddox and what he has been up to. He is walking like a pro now and saying a few words. Mostly he just says "dog". He and Nash are becoming friends and playing together a lot. Maddox loves him!!

We've been playing outside almost everyday. We either go to the neighborhood pool or play in our backyard. He has a kiddie pool, water table, and playset on our deck and he can stay out there for a long time and not get bored. I have realized that it is best for me to do some kind of activity out of the house everyday. He is into everything, so its great to take him somewhere and let him play and get his energy out with out tearing up the house!


When we do go to the pool, he wants to do everything except stay in the pool. He likes to walk around the pool, play with the stroller wheels, pick up dead bugs, and sometimes bird poo...YUCK!! It wears me out chasing him around! I'll keep trying to get him to go back in the pool and he just wants to climb out and explore. He has so much fun. He is such a boy! I really need to work on not screaming when he plays with bugs...I don't want him to be scared of everything like me!


Below I'm posting a video of Maddox walking for those of you who haven't seen. I took it before we left for the pool one day. He falls at the end, but usually he can go and go without falling.





Here are a few pictures of Maddox learning to feed himself. He really just plays with the spoon! He's eating lots of "real" food now! He gets mad when we try to give him baby food! :)


2 comments:

Bridget said...

The walking video is hilarious he is doing a great job!!! The last one with him holding the spoon with his mouth is also hilarious

Alissa said...

I love it, he is such a little man. And so talented! Walking and feeding himself, how time flies :)