Sunday, September 12, 2010

It's Gonna Be a LOOONG one!!!!

Oh my, I have been away from blogger for a loooong time! I've been reading all of YOUR blogs on my trusty Iphone, but I just haven't had time to sit and catch up. This past week has been so fun and yet so busy...so busy that I started this post 3 days ago, and just now have the time to sit down and finish it! So this is a catch up...with lots of pics....and its only covering from Sept. 4-9th!!

So lets start with Friday the 4th. We were invited to a playdate at Petco. My friend Mandy had set up for a worker at Petco to give us a tour and teach the kids about all the different kinds of pets. (FYI: we don't have a zoo, so this was pretty exciting!). (Annnnd, we had a busy week ahead of us, so I was ready to wear my kids out Friday so I could get some stuff done around the house!).

Sorry, anyways, it was such a cute idea! I got the boys up and ready in the super summery clothing, and we walked out in to the most wonderful Fall like feeling weather...woooopsy! Time to go shopping! We had nothing warm to wear! But they sure looked cute! I took a picture of them....well, a few....this is the best I could get...
Here's Cruzy at Petco. Both boys really enjoyed the fish. In fact, Maddox had a near break down when we didn't IMMEDIATLY look at fish when we got there. He had his own agenda. Our tour guide had another.
Here is the tour guide, I didn't catch her name, and I think she is holding a lizard or something. Can you tell I paid attention??
Maddox really wanted to touch that turtle!!!

More fish!

And last were the mice, and I must say, it was the boys favorite. They loved watching them go in that wheel thingy!!

After that we all went to Chick Fil A and let the kids eat and play. When we left I decided it was just too beautiful to go home. We have a wonderful outdoor mall here, so I called my Mom to meet us there and do some shopping!

While we waited on her Maddox played on the fountains, You can see him WAAAAY in the background, and poor Cruz was strapped to the stroller! He was not happy!



Hi Mom!!

Then Mom and I decided to take them to Build A Bear. It wasn't Maddox's first time, but he doesn't even remember his first time. He was like 13 months or something! So this was so exciting to him!





I snapped this when she told him to make a wish on the heart!


I love this sweet face.


So proud!

After that they were zonked! We went home for long naps and I got prepared for the crazy weekend. Saturday was the first big Razorback home game. Sunday we hosted a HUGE end of summer party. There was lots to do!!
But, back to Saturday, we tailgated with great friends and had so much fun. We set up around 1 and the game wasn't till 6. I didn't even care to go to the game by 6, I was SO tired from tailgating!
Of course we took lots of pics!







David making fun of all our picture taking:)







It's always so fun to see what every0ne wears! We all try to get creative and incorporate red and razorbacks wherever we can! We love those hogs!!
Here is a view from our seats. I tend to stare at the jumbo tron most of the game. I don't know why, I mean, I'm at the live game...but I choose to watch it on the TV. Wierd.

Look at the grey headed lady behind DAvid...has she never seen two people take a picture of themselves before???? Hahahaha!!!!

Lets call those hogs!!!!!! Wooooooooo Pig Sooie!!
On to our next big adventure...Sunday we hosted a party with our wonderful neighbors. We had an AWESOME band, Wes and Karl come play. They are sooooooo much fun. I think we danced for four hours straight. I'm so not kidding. We danced all night. And yes, Karl drums on a bucket. And it rocks.





And then.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, battery died.....just when the party was getting good...this is the last shot I got! Maybe you saw some pics on Rachel or Tara's blog!!

Then, on Tuesday we left for Branson (now do you see why i have been away from the computer!). Some friends of ours had a time share for an entire week. They only used it for labor day weekend and told us we could take it for the week if we wanted. UM, YA! Thanks so much Chris and Marcy!!!!
So we loaded up and headed north! We stayed at the Welk Resort. It had and indoor/outdoor pool and splash park, puttputt, park, everything. It wasn't on the main strip, but wasn't too far either. I would totally recommend it!

We went to the Branson Landing one morning...you know what that means when you have boys, BASS PRO SHOP. We stayed in there forever!!!
We looked at the fish for a looooooooooooooooooooooooong time.
And we really wanted to take this home. It was just Maddox's size!!
We played by the fountains with our toys we bought at Bass Pro.

Then....oh, wow, we stumbled upon something that is every little boys dream. We just THOUGHT Build a Bear was cool...WHATEVER!!! We found a store where you can custom build your own car...any car, any make, any tires, any sound, any color...I could go on. I've never seen Maddox happier.

It took a while, but we finally made a decision.

Cruzy found ways to entertain himself while brother got busy building his car.

Time to assemble the wheels.
Just like a real car shop!!
Now we were ready to customize with FIRE stickers.....so cool.

And just like Build a Bear, you take it home in a box, but this one is "Cooler"!!
That night we went to the Dixie Stampede. It a dinner/show you may have heard of. Its a story of the North and the South. Your in a big arena. You eat with your hands. You cheer for your team (north or south, whichever your assigned). And its fun. Boys loved it!
Before the show:
Maddox was thrilled to take another picture.

Getting ready for the horses to come in!! They didn't allow photography during the show:(



That night we actually went shopping after that. Our goal was to wear the kids out so they would be easy to put to bed every night. Worked like a charm!!
Here they are eating breakfast and watching cartoons in our little lodge the next morning before we got ready to come home! So cute!


And no, our fun didn't stop there. We came home Thursday, repacked our bags and left Friday for Little Rock to see my sister and her family. We are finally back home for a while! I'll do a post on my little rock trip soon...it was a great time!!
Hope that wasn't too long....gotta go to bed now. Time to catch up on the DVR!

5 comments:

Kimberley said...

wow, you HAVE been busy! :)

i must know the name of that store where you build your own car. jacob would die! is it near the Landing?

Jill said...

Holy cow, girl, that is A LOT of stuff going on! I lmao at the lady staring at you while you took your picture at the game. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Love your cute red dress! And your blue one. Bet you've got one kick butt closet, doncha? Your boys are so darn cute! And they are definitely all boy!

Anonymous said...

You have been one busy chicka!! Love it. I also love seeing pics of your boys when they aren't cooperating with pictures. I hate it for ya, but it makes me realize that Owen isn't the only one, ha!!

Tara Gibson said...

love your group pics from the game! glad you guys had fun in branson!

Sara Bell said...

Girl how do you do it all??? I'm exhausted thinking about all the photo's you had to upload. WOW! You are such a cute and fun mom!!! Looks like you had fun!!!