Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Eggstravaganza

First of all, I must apologize for the massive amounts of pictures in this post. Easter is one of my FAVORITE holidays!!! I love the spring, the eggs, getting all dressed up for church, and most of all, what it stands for.

We host Easter every year at our house. My family is all about tradition, so we pretty much do the EXACT same thing every Easter weekend. I'm sure if you look back to last years post it is pretty much the same order of events.
So lets get started with my Easter Weekend Recap....
Friday my sister and her fam came into town. I missed all photo ops Friday night, but we made bird nests out of rice crispie treats and jelly beans...kids loved it....especially Cruz....he must have had 20 jelly beans. Then we took the kids to the most unfriendly kid restaurant, Crabby's. I had to order Maddox a $9 cheeseburger because there is not even a kids menu. Fun none the less...
Now on to Saturday...
Our neighborhood hosts a huge Easter egg hunt every year and we always go. The weather was beautiful!!
Here is Maddox with his basket on his head....such a boy.
Here are all the cousins before the hunt....Margaux, Sloan, Maddox, and Cruz.

And the hunt begins....



Cruz figured out REAL fast that there was candy in all the eggs. He plopped down right in the parking lot and began chowing down....



Maddox and all his eggs....


The Easter bunny even made an appearance....




Me and the babies....did you know that 2 years ago on Easter I got the biggest, most shocking suprise of my life....I found out I was pregnant....not planned...but look at what God had in store for me....




Saturday night we had dinner at the club, then back home to decorate eggs....




I really get into egg dyeing. Just ask my family. I've been in charge of it since Sloan was born. I'm such a nerd...

Cruz pigged out on candy the whole time....thanks Auntie Kim....;)

I bought the cutest rhinestone stickers for our eggs...here is one I made;)
And of course, the Easter Bunny came to visit all the kiddos....
Here is Maddox and Cruz's baskets...
Easter morning....
Cruz found a way to get to the Pez candy:
And there were lollipops....And eggs....And even more candy...
Then it was time to get all dressed up for church. Cruz had my favorite EAster outfit ever. He just looked like Easter cuteness.
Annual Easter family pic....Here are my parents with all the grandkids:
And my favorite kids on the planet:The Easter Table:

The kids all played outside while we cooked dinner....Then we pigged out on ham, green beans, potatoe casserole, broccoli rice casserole, rolls, and a yummy dessert my mom made.

Lots of fun.

And one other cute thing. This year we asked Maddox what he learned at church....he said, "The stone rolled away, Jesus wasn't in the cave." And that's why we celebrate....

3 comments:

Christie Huggins said...

Adorable! Love ALL the pics, especially the fam pic in front of the front door! You look gorgeous!!! The boys are just adorable!!!

Jill said...

Total cuteness overload! OMG!...I think you are one of the hottest mommas I know of. Your boys looked so precious. Girl, you go all out and everything looks absolutely beautiful! That looks like such a fun time. Adorable table, too!

The Bells said...

Looks like you had an EGGSellent Easter! Love the little smocked outfit. I think they are so sweet (and Matt says they're gay). HA!I got Zane those same saddle oxfords. I was SO darned excited when I saw the khaki colored ones -- they'll go with everything! And you look fantastic, hot momma!