Thursday, June 24, 2010

Myrtle Beach 2010...Part One

Every year we head down to Gulf Shores, Alabama for our family vacation. By family, I mean my parents, My sister and her husband and kids, and our family...party of 10!

This year we had to change our plans due to the horrific oil spill. We chose Myrtle Beach. I had never been, so it was a little exciting to try some place new.

Since the trip is SOOOOOOOOO far from where we live, David and I decided our family would fly and meet everyone else out there. Driving that far with my kids would have been a NIGHTMARE!!!

So here are the kids, early in the morning, at the airport with all of our bags. My friend Rachel gave them matching beach shirts to travel in. They had their names on them and said "Beach or Bust". Too cute!!Here is me and the baby on his first plane ride:
He liked to push the buttons for the lights...and the flight attendant. Who we accidentally called several times...ooops!
Here's Cruz pulling Maddox's suitcase in Charlotte, SC:

I packed lots of travel games, the one below was the favorite. You push the crocodile teeth and you never know which one is gonna make his mouth snap shut. I know everyone sitting around us LOVED this loud game!
Here are the kids looking out at the beach when we arrived at our condo. We stayed at the Kingston Plantation...it was awesome! More on that in another post...First day on the beach...Cruzy loved it. He especially loved his shovel. He never put it down!








Our condo was close to a pier, so one night we walked over to take the kids down it...
Grandad and Cruz looking out at the water. They spent lots of special moments together on this trip;)











Here is a shot of our condo from the end of the pier.




At the end of the pier where you buy tickets to walk down it there was an arcade. We decided Margaux and Maddox could each have 3 games/rides....


But Grandad is a softy and went back and bought MORE tokens so they could play more and Cruz could ride too....
Day two....


Back with his wonderful shovel...
They were a little better this day at getting in the water...





Stay tuned...I got tons more coming....;)

2 comments:

Tara Gibson said...

love all the pics! looks like yall had tons of fun!

Jill said...

Jealous!....Jealous, I am! That looks like FUN! How cute are your little boys in their matching outfits! And I love your yellow suit with your matching hair ribbon.

Hey, I heard through the grapevine (Jimmy Choos & Tennis Shoes) that you had a birthday. Happy Birthday to you!!!